YOUNG MUSLIM ASSOCIATION & GARISSA MUSLIM CHILDREN'S HOME
The Association developed a vision of making bigger things
out of the newly established center. A vision that emanated from deep
faith in Allah as embodied in Suratul Baqara, verse 177 and a mission
to help the orphan, poor and the innocent child by giving him wholesome
upbringing and proper growth. For this to be done a better environment
The driving force of establishing this institution was to remove
suffering of those weak and helpless children and replace it with hope,
success and achievement. It also aimed at giving the child opportunity
for self-development so as to achieve individual full worthiness.
Garissa Muslim children home (GMCH), will be guided in delivering its
services by the following core values.
• Professionalism and commitment.
• Sincerity and honesty.
• Accountability and transparency.
• Conservation of the environment.
• Nurturing children to be God conscious.
• Equity and fairness.
• Child care and protection.
• Child participation and self reliance.
• Inculcation of good conduct and self discipline.